Are you looking to make a difference in a small-to-medium sized family-owned company? Do you have a love for wood products and experience in production management? If you enjoy manufacturing and process development, we would like to hear from you.
Welcome to Manthei Veneer. We are an energetic, results-oriented, fun-loving, collaborative, humble, and passionate group of people that enjoy making a difference within the hardwood veneer and plywood industry. We have a hardwood face veneer division, a specialty plywood division, and a retail wood products division.
We are currently accepting applications for a Department Production Manager.
The Department Production Manager is responsible for managing all department employees, planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, and developing improvements in production methods, equipment, operational procedures, and working conditions.
We offer excellent health benefits, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, and much more.
- Drive production plans and goals by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; resolving problems; and reporting results to management
- Responsible for accomplishing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer orders and expectations in regard to quality, production, and cost. Maintain a working knowledge of all grades and dimensions for each order
- Compile and report to management on production and staff information by analyzing production performance records and data
- Operate and maintain all LEAN program initiatives, and make recommendations for future and on-going LEAN projects
- Understand, follow, and enforce employee conduct guidelines established in the employee handbook. Answer personnel questions and/or obtain clarification of handbook content through Management or Human Resources
- Provide positive leadership by demonstrating proper examples of enthusiasm, being safety-minded, focused on quality conscientiousness, and having a strong, productive work ethic
- Train staff on safe, correct, and productive job performance skills and habits
- Provide corrective instructions or actions as warranted or instructed
- Assist management with personnel related documentation as instructed, such as:
- New Hire Training Documents
- Performance and Corrective Action Reviews
- Reports of injury
- Personnel Record Changes
- Time Recording
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of in-field experience
- Can lead a team with positivity and enthusiasm
- Strong and broad business acumen
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Exceptional documentation and tracking skills
- LEAN manufacturing background preferred
To learn more about the company and the products we make, please visit www.mantheiveneer.com.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to talking with you!